HOW TO SUBMIT to the Youth Imagine the Future Festival:
1. Create a short story set in a better future (minimum requirement-show how the community is managing without fossil fuel & restoring biodiversity and show improved social justice in your future background.) Length: 500 – 2000 words. See Criteria List. No names on story.
2. Create a piece of art that shows a better future, using our Criteria List. Your art should inspire us to see how we could get there. TAKE A VERY CLEAR PHOTO OF YOUR ART, or 2 or 3 photos if it is a 3-D piece. Size of the physical art: must fit in a space that is .5m cubed.
3. FILL OUT THE FORM, both sides. Fill out the Bio and Hope section. Only artists should fill out the “Artist’s Statement.” No names on your statement or art, so we can send it to the jury with the art photo.
4. EMAIL the story or the photo(s) and the FORM (both sides filled out carefully) to our festival email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Wait to hear that it has been received! (If you do not hear within 1 day, please send us an email.)
6. ARTISTS—We need your physical art, in person, on November 30th to set up the Window Art Gallery in Kingston with all the art and stories!
Bring your art to the Window Art Gallery (corner of Princess & MacDonnell St, Kingston) on November 30th from 2:30 to 6:30 pm. Festival directors will be at the gallery to receive the art in person. *Do not drop your art off earlier at the Art Gallery. It might get lost.
*If you live outside of Kingston, ask if your teacher can arrange a drop off/pick-up in mid-November with Jerri.